Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ku-weighty

74% of the Kuwaiti population is overweight.

I know this because my sister, an air force reservist who is being deployed to Kuwait in October, determined that such a statistic optimally characterized the country. It was the first thing she told me about Kuwait.

Oh good, I thought, they’re just like us.

In fact, I did not at first believe that any citizens of any country were more bloated than Americans. I was skeptical. But, there you have it.

By the way, the Air Force Sister is a Biggest Loser addict, among other weight loss shows/”health” infomercials/experiments in cruel schadenfreude. She is also chemically dependent on Intervention, which is wrong, and beside the point.

Kuwait may get its own version of The Biggest Loser. This is very good for the USAF, and very bad for obese citizens who like to guzzle shawarma, as pictured above (It looks similar to Greek gyros. Did I mention that Air Force Sister used to work at a Gyros place during high school? She should be right at home).

0 comments:

Post a Comment